CBBAG SK is growing and we’ve gotten quite a few new members in the past few months! To celebrate we are going to hold an artists book swap!
What is a book swap?
A book swap is an event where each person who joins in the swap makes “x” number of copies of an artist book (the final number is determined by how many people join the swap). A theme is chosen and it is up to you to make your edition happen! Once the deadline passes, we will get together as a group, and each participant then trades one of their books with one of everybody else’s, so you end up with a large collection of artist books in the end!
General guidelines for the swap:
- This book swap is open to everyone, you do not need to be a CBBAG SK member to join (if you are not local, we will organize and send your your books in the mail, as long as you send us yours!)
- There are 15 seats available for the swap.
- You will be required to make up to 17 copies of your book (but the exact number of books you will need to make will be determined by the enrollment number, don’t worry we will let you know once the sign-up date has passed). We are asking participants to make two extra copies to make two extra collections: 1 which will be donated to the Dunlop Art Gallery and 1 which will be raffled off as a fundraiser for the CBBAG SK Chapter.
- Enrollment is first come first served. Deadline to express your interest is Dec. 31, 2014.
- We will all aim to have the books completed by Nov. 30, 2015, with a swap date to be organized in December or January of 2015. This gives everyone about a year to complete our swap books.
The theme that has been chosen for this swap is “light”. Did you know 2015 is the International Year of Light and Light-Based Technologies!?!
To reserve your spot in this swap, please send your name and email address to: firstname.lastname@example.org (or if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask!)