Unfortunately, we’ve had to cancel our weekend retreat to Manitou Springs due to low enrollment, but the good news is that we’ll try another date for the retreat in the spring, hopefully it will fit into everyone’s schedules better then.
Instead we’re offering a single Sunday in Davidson, on October 2nd because we still want to make some books! Here are the details:
Sunday, Oct. 2nd, 10 am to 3 pm, Davidson Town Hall, Davidson, SK
Cost: members $30, non-members $40, plus a small materials fee payable to the instructor
Workshop Agenda: Cathryn Miller will lead us through making 3(!) different accordion books along side a Hedi Kyle panel book, there will also be a short break for lunch (bring your own bagged lunch or there are a few options around Davidson where you can buy a lunch, ie. Co-Op, A&W, etc.). No experience necessary, this workshop is good for all levels of bookbinders.
List of Supplies to be Brought by Attendees:
- sharp knife, such as an Exato or Olfa mat knife (preference to ones with snap-off blades)
- metal straight edge ruler (18″ approx. is a good size)
- self-healing cutting mat (18″ approx. is a good size)
- pencil (standard HB is fine, but mechanical type is nice too)
- dull-bladed table knife (non-serrated) or other scoring tool
- bone folder (if you have one)
- acid-free glue stick, or other preferred adhesive with appropriate applicator
* if you do not have these items, please don’t go out and buy anything, let us know and we can accommodate you
To Register: Email email@example.com and let us know you will be attending! No need to send a cheque, we’ll collect dues at the workshop, but please RSVP asap!